Thursday, December 2, 2010

Summer Salad So Sweet I Want it In Winter

CAN YOU BELIEVE it's December? It's also hard to believe that I'm still eating salad when it's this cold outside, but try my recipe and you'll understand!

Avocado, Corn, Tomato Salad
Salad Ingredients:
- 2 avocados, cubed
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped. (*Make sure to do this step well or you'll end up with one spicy salad!) 

Dressing Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed or olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- Splash of lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste

This salad is so good that it makes the accompanying teeth chattering worth it. I love how easy it is, how there are no leaves in it (having salad sometimes makes me feel like I'm eating grass), and the fresh factor.

Enjoy!
MARGARET

0 comments: