Check these fancy phalanges out:
Care to feast on some finger foods, ghouls and boys?
LADY FINGER COOKIES
Yields 30 cookies
- 30 almond slices
- Red food coloring
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 stick unsalted butter, slightly softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- Dispense 10 drops of red food coloring into a shallow bowl. Color your almonds by letting them submerge in the food coloring. Set aside and let dry.
- Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter, powdered sugar, granulated sugar, and salt. Add one egg and the yolk of another egg, and beat until smooth. Add flour to the mixture and combine on low until dough forms. Wrap this in plastic and chill in the refrigerator until firm (roughly 35 minutes).
- Take the dough out of the fridge and preheat your oven to 350°.
- Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper and then form 30 balls with dough. Make each ball into a finger shape, press down on two places to form the knuckles, then score each knuckle with a knife.
- Brush egg white onto the fingers and position the almonds on the fingers.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes.
This moon phases cocktail plate is wicked cool.
Have a great Halloween, everyone! Until we eat again...