auliflower is currently my "it" veggie. Most people probably don't think so, but cauliflower is an incredibly versatile ingredient and can take on so many different flavors. My go-to method is the easiest by far, taking cauliflower coated in olive oil, marjoram, salt and pepper, balsamic vinegar and roasting it in the oven. You really can't beat the ease and taste with this recipe.
A couple of other cauliflower recipes have been on my radar: these Crispy Cauliflower Tacos from Ashley at Blissful Basil, or this healthy Cauliflower Crust Pizza spotted on Greatist.com, and perhaps most amazing of all, a Creamy Cauliflower Sauce that is promised to taste as good as alfredo sauce (!!!), from Lindsay at Pinch of Yum.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup of Balsamic vinegar (or more depending on how Balsamic-y you like it)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tsp marjoram flakes
- Pre-heat oven to 400°.
- Break cauliflower head into florets.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil and dried marjoram. Coat cauliflower florets with mixture and place on parchment paper or directly on a baking sheet, spreading apart evenly.
- Roast in the oven for 10-15 minutes, turning over halfway through.
- Remove tray from oven and spoon balsamic vinegar over cauliflower.
- Return to oven for another 5 minutes.
What are some other ways you have prepared cauliflower? I'd love to hear!