Not being able to make reservations on a Friday night, I decided it would be simple to recreate the meal at home. Indeed it was... you can bet that this pizza is definitely going to get some major facetime with my friends. In essence, my lack of planning last Friday has become your good luck.
- Pizza dough
- Pizza / tomato sauce - I like to buy pizza sauce and add minced garlic
- 2 spicy Italian sausages - you can also use vegetarian sausage like I did
- Marscapone cheese
- 2 Serrano chili peppers
- Roughly chopped fresh parsley
Scatter sausage and Serrano chili peppers over sauce-covered pizza.
- Lightly scatter all-purpose flour onto your work surface so dough does not stick. Roll out pizza dough to about a 1/4" thickness, about 10 in. in diameter.
- Cut Serrano chili peppers into thin slices, about 1/8".
- Spread pizza sauce, then top with thinly sliced Italian spicy sausage (I used pre-cooked sausage but you should cook yours beforehand if raw).
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place pizza into the oven for approximately 12 minutes until crust is golden.
- Wait 5 minutes before sprinkling fresh chopped parsley on top, spreading marscapone cheese, and drizzling with honey.
- Divide and conquer!